Thursday, July 3, 2008

Strawberry Ice Cream Pie

Add sweet fresh strawberries to a good-quality vanilla or strawberry ice cream. (Of course, you can make your own! But for me, this was the next best thing, and worked quite nicely.) Fill a Rice Krispies/Marshmallow crust with the softened ice cream; cover and freeze. Soften by removing from freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges and garnish with fresh berries and mint sprig. It's right out of the 1950s - I know!
It's fresh and cool, easy and attractive; and I always like to find those recipes that can be made ahead. Enjoy!

Beth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks great! I don't really like chocolate so I'm always on the lookout for a non-chocolate dessert. Am putting Rice Krispies on the grocery list this week and plan on trying this! :)